Glider flights take your flying fantasies to a whole new level of the most calming adventure you will ever take part in. Here are some reasons why you will have a great adventure.
- You can learn how to fly while on a scenic tour. You can not only be a passenger, you have the option to get to pilot one too. A gliding course is as enjoyable as they are informative, interesting facts and skills dawn on you as you take pleasure in appreciating geography from a whole new angle.
- You can call the shots to your adventure and take it up a notch by experiencing some aerobatics. If you have had your dose of serenity while you soar, you can pick up the pace and get your heart pounding by adding some aerobatic maneuvers to your gliding experience. You can choose how much of a thrill you are capable of handling by picking a few tricks or go all out on total adrenalin rush by experiencing all aerobatic tricks there are in the book.
- Soar up to 5,000 feet using the wind’s thermal power. How often do will you have a chance to soar up to high altitudes without a fuel-burning engine, or being towed by an aircraft? Not a usual opportunity. Gliding is equally intriguing as it is thrilling because we are so used to flying with the help of powerful turbo engines found in regular aircraft. Gliding makes use of thermal which is made up of air columns that are heated by the sun thus causing a lift. Get to know how these wonderful machines work by experiencing them.
- It’s the cheapest way to get a pilot’s license that you have been dreaming of. You will need to get a license if you want to learn how to fly a glider, and it is the easiest cheapest way to do so. As you progress, you have the option to add on to your gliding experience and eliminate flying restrictions as you go along.
- You get a spectacle of vistas that you can feast your eyes on. There is no better way to see the world than during a gliding experience. Marvel at virgin islands, sprawling outlands, and majestic bodies of water. Down below is not the only optical feast you will have available. The horizon is just amazing from a high altitude, if you get lucky you may even have a flock of birds on the same thermal you are on.
- It’s something that you will never get to do every day, yet have memories that last a lifetime. Face it, you never even gave a thought to glider flights as your first pick in your search for a new adventure. You may have heard about the activity from a friend, a movie, a sports channel, or in print. And you may have taken a fancy at it because it is something that you do not commonly hear from your friends as their weekend adventure. Glider flights may not be as popular as parasailing or hang gliding, none the less the memories and achievements brought about are ones that last forever.
- It is a personal achievement that not everyone has. Be one of the select few that have taken an interest in the sport. It takes genuine curiosity and enthusiasm to personally enjoy glider flights.
- It’s a great way to overcome flying fears. This is the sport that can help you trounce on your fear of heights or flying for that matter. For some, loud sounds do not help induce calmness, and reasonable sound thinking, which results in panic. This is not a scenario that you would want to conquer your fears in right? The serene and calming environment of glider flights is just what an anxious acrophobic needs to get a step closer to conquering the fear.
Come to think of it, you can find serenity, a relaxing environment, and tranquility in a lot of places that will not require you to be thousands of feet in the air. But maybe, just maybe you want to be one of the few that discovered the true essence of quietude in one of the most amazing sports on wings.